Beyond the Hijab features stories of real Muslim women living in Singapore.
We welcome submissions from members of the Muslim community in Singapore of all ethnicities, orientations, and hijab preferences to submit written pieces – poems, monologues, songs or even raps! Write about the issues you care about, the challenges you face spiritually or in your daily lives, and what your religion means to you. From issues on women’s rights to generational clashes and love and relationships. Use this blog to let your personality and uniqueness shine ladies! Beyond the Hijab is a place to celebrate the trials, triumphs and even sometimes cringe-worthy awkwardness of being Muslim women. You can submit under a pseudonym if you want to maintain anonymity and submissions will not be reproduced in any way except with the permission of the author.
This Month’s Theme: Hope
Looking forward to hearing your stories
- All pieces must be original and submitted in the English language unless you can provide a translation.
- Submissions must be between 600 – 2000 words.
- Authors must be Singaporean or PR and be members of the Muslim community in Singapore.
- If selected, your piece may go through an editing process. We may request some changes or edits, but only because we want the strength of your piece to be fully realised!
- We provide an honorarium for selected pieces.
- Submit below or email as a Word document to email@example.com